Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Day ???-Please stand up

I've lost track of the dates.This muddle headed brain of mine is scrambling just to remember the dates eversince I came back from my trip.It was said that it will take u 2 weeks to get over the holiday feeling and another 2 weeks to get back to reality.But I only take 3 days?!!

Anyway,I read somewhere that to practise u got to stand up.To ensure the lungs are fully expandable and to really utilise the air in and out.Hmm...

Anyway, the lazy me is like a snake slithering on the bed...As I lay down, I play the harmonica,as I sit down and surf, I blow the harmonica,as I was watching tv, I blow the harmonica...when I was exercising, I tried playing with the harmonica but soon I found myself breathless..

But seriously, the best position is when u are standing straight and still.U can blow and draw better with much force than other position.

Anyway, I had just clean the harmonica by running thru tap water but then after 2 days,it gets dirty again? No , I ensure I brush my teeth everytime I use it.Hmm...Is my saliva dirty? hehe!I wipe those excess saliva...and shake it off before putting back in the case?Its not that I can see its dirty but I can feel it when I blow it... (Seriously,do brush ur teeth everytime u wanna use it, cos I fail to do it just once and I can smell anchovies inside, YUCKS!!till today..should I use soap, what if I blow bubbles instead?hehe..or perhaps I should brush with toothpaste..hehe!!)

Anyone has similar problem?

Anyway,I was so used to tongue blocking that today I MUST Use puckering cos Im fasting (yeah, and Im not allowed to put anything in the mouth or let the tongue lick stuff,yeah kiss is a NO-NO) And so its kinda different.Cos Im used to tongue blocking and occasional puckering but without the tongue's heavy role, I felt a bit handicapped.But it can be solved.Its just that I began to treasure this luxury of having a tongue.

Feeling blue, no mood to play fly me to the moon, instead YESTERDAY became a hit once more.Now I understand how "Teacher" can play so well, if u notice her video, the face is normally "sad-want-to-cry-kinda-face" then she will perform on youtube and those songs are normally killersadness type of songs.Must learnt from the experts...

I did recce online on teachers locally, not many..this type of instrument is too common,so much so that no one took notice..no one bother to play it thinking, Ah..its just a toy (like me, first impression) but then as u appreciate this lil instrument, it began to open up its wide usage and melodious music to u and ur world.

After I kept on practising, I began to appreciate music.I teach some to my lil cousins too...They tried from empty bottles to cans to make ur own drums and paper guitars and rubber bands just to follow up music from the tv and radio.Kids catch fast. I've got my own mini band..woo-hoo!

Practising at home, I am not able to let out my emotions, cos it will be too loud.Especially now since YESTERDAY is a soapy tune of the moment.

Perhaps I should find another song to place this feeling appropriately?

Hmm..

ok lesson learnt today:

1)STAND UP when practising
2)Indulge in the current emotions and utilise that moments (be it happyness,sadness,blues...whatever) to play the harmonica so that we can play it with out heart, our deepest soul...let it be our best friend.

Ok,that's it for now...till I find a suitable song to play,will update u again..
3.11pm
3.12.09

Unchained melody? (No,too sad...) http://www.volcano.net/~jackmearl/songs/usongs/unchained_melody.html
Ok, how about u light up my life (erm..) : http://www.volcano.net/~jackmearl/songs/ysongs/you_light_up_my_life.html
This is sad lyrics but I dunno the tune: http://www.volcano.net/~jackmearl/songs/isongs/i_loved_you_once_in_silence.html ok,now I know http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2lR7jdw8ICU I think I'll pass...

Ok, I've found it...I like it when FUGEES re-intro it to the world...but this is CLASSIC!! http://www.volcano.net/~jackmearl/songs/ksongs/killing_me_softly_with_his_song.html



Yeah, he's killin me softly...

No comments:

Post a Comment