Thursday, December 10, 2009

I walked shamelessly with...

As I was reading about Little Walter on how he was determined to learn from the Blues masters and all that harmonica stayed glued to his lips.I was adamant to make my mark to but I must start small.But seriously,Im beginning to think all these practices are gonna make me a swell kisser.So line up,guys!

More on http://www.squidoo.com/littlewalter

Thus today, I woke up feeling a lil bit inspired.I went around touring the new area that I had reached with a lil dash of music early morning.I bet the cocks must be mad that I was the "Alarm clocks" of that moment.Waking the people up or perhaps torturing their souls hehe!

I walked and tested with slow and quick pace whether that ounce of strength and air supply can be compromised without having to cut off its quality blowing and drawing.

As I played my hohner like the fluteman who drives the mice away once upon a time. I was in my own world without realising whom has threaded my path or cycled by me.Or took glances of me, a women cladded in cloth from head to toe in jumbled colours and fancy tapping footdance in the middle of nowhere.The only thing missing is my red nose.And I will be mistaken for a jester or a clown.

I had stopped memorising the hole numbers. Cos I want to concentrate on the clear crisp sound of blowing one holes at a time.Still practising.My high standard wants perfection every time.So I still think Im not good enough to learn bending or even head on to the next lesson till I master the art of drawing and blowing.Drawing from hole2 is getting easier.I guess,it needs some warming up...

My partner in crime stayed away as far away from me,ashamed to be associated with me for fear that anyone who crosses my path will throw stones at us.hehe!

Then an idea crept by me.I want to be a harmonica legend,is it possible?Insya-Allah. Then I visualise performing in front of the crowd.I think I shall start near my home ground cos every sunday is a mass meetups of indians.And I think I can blend well amongst them.Why not perform for them too.Worse to worse either,they throw all those plastic mango juice bottles or their flip flops at me.Well,at least I got the courage and the wholesome experience hehe!

Then I thought of the downtown where there are many buskers, I have this idea to sing with this partial blind family whom has been performing for years.I think I wanna collaborate with him.I think he play the accordian or organ or something.

Anyway, dreams are meant to be built so that we can proceed further.Its a dash of hope.Man can dream to success that is the first step to SUCCEED isnt it?I believe so. I am midway between "Am I nuts to be playing harmonica? and so what?I dont care if I sound lousy, I believe with constant practice , I can be the BEST,one of the best in the world. I believe so.." mindset...

As I read more indepth about the book, it brought me to Chicago, Will I ever get to visit that city of blues?Will I get to see those Gurus in the clubs jamming?Will I get to learn a piece of two from them? Coincidentally the job Im waiting for is in chicago...Coincidence? Or just pure luck?Well, it doesnt matter if I get it or not, the intertwining hope of coincidences is good enough for me. I am thankful.Alhamdulillah.

I think I have found the right instrument.I had always dream of finding the right instrument that can depict the voices from my heart and soul.This truly is the instrument.I hope it does justice to me and my creative life.I hope it brought sunshine to the world.I hope I can motivate others to learn it and that MUSIC is not costly its just a matter of whether u want it or not and if u put ur heart and soul to it,insya-Allah anything musical is within ur grasp.I hope one day I can bring MUSIC free to the world and teach them.One day,insya-Allah happyness to the world.

Drink lots of water, y'all!Keep those delicious lips and throat moisturize always.

love
1.25pm


p.s: last but not least, a tip "Playing the harmonica can help keep you awake when you really need to stay awake – the extra deep breathing oxygenates your blood where it is delivered where it is most needed – your brain."-taken from here

No comments:

Post a Comment