Monday, November 23, 2009

Day 10-health benefits of harmonica

Today I brought out Hohner in public.As I was walking out, there were long stretch of walkways that no one was around.Empty space.And so I start practising my harmonica.At first I tried YESTERDAY again and then without me realising a bicycle man come creeping from behind.I was a bit embarrased but not so much.More shock actually cos he did not warn me with bells or sounds.

Then I play again...its kinda difficult to blow the harmonica when u are moving.Why is this so? I dunno...perhaps the breathing became irregular as u walk in fast speed, in the sun,I dunno. perhaps...Instead of a boring walk,it became kinda fun! Its speed up that 30minute walk.Then I noticed people in the buses watching but its ok. I doubt they can hear me..hehe!

Then a bus stop in front, and more people pop up,abrupt action I did was to hide it.hehe!I put inside my bag...but it was ok.I need to play it out in the sun.I saw a man in his mid 30 to 40 using some sort of small board with wheels.its like a quarter of smallest skateboard but the wheels are like roller blades and there arent any strings or velcro but he just stand on it,separately on 2 feet.Hmm,interesting.

But seriously,the harmonica aids in breathing.Cos i felt my lungs expanded and I dont have much trouble keeping my breath longer.I used to be able to stay long under water but i stop swimming...I LOVE SWIMMING!

So this harmonica do chip in to daily health benefits.hmm,interesting..

And also train ur ears to be alert to catchy tunes so that u can copy it in ur mind (thus the memory is also trained) and then later u can play it, or try decoding it into tabs and play it...Such a small built but kinda complicated sometimes.Like me...

I am a harmonica,not that small but Im an instrument often adults ignored me but kids love me.Hmm,I felt in harmony..peace and tranquility.

I realised Im opening up more in this blog.I thought Im just gonna concetrate on the skills and tehcnicality and hold up on the emotional and rantings mumblings cos Im shy but I open up suddenly after day 9?!

Ok, gonna practise more and more
insya-Allah I can make it
I can be one of the best harpist and
I can play by ear one day

now short term goal
is to learn to play 10 songs (excluding kiddie songs)
and then when Im fluidly confident
I wanna try busking
We have a busking license
can try to apply
but its not for money..
mainly to trainup my confidence
amongst public
Yeah,that seems interesting

I miss those days performing
I love performing in school
every occasion if there is a chance i will perform
whatever
I miss entertaining others...

The most accomplished thing I did was being a director and producer of a play I created from a book about a man and a mirror.I never knew it was possible but I did it somehow but then I was ousted from my own play.And so only the play actors knew I was the one who create it, no one else knew but its ok, I had fun and that is an accomplishment cos I was only 10yrs old!

My first BIG role was when I was 9, I was a moon.I have to sway with the clouds..I was BIG! BIg round moon but underneath I was wearing malay dance costume thus everyone knew who I was heheh!My brother kept shouting, that is my sister!

And then I proceed on to act as a rude unruly locals...and when I was in secondary school, we perform cultural dance and modern hiphop dance.I was one of the choreographer.It was cool.I was the (erm..self-proclaimed) "Janet Jackson" of the school.heheh! Those were the days...

Join competitions and all that thru interschool competitions,representing my beloved school.I never have stage fright, i dunno why...I felt belonged on stage.But singing and music, I felt a bit handicapped cos there was a popular girl in 3rd grade.She was chosen to sing and so she felt a bit arrogant.

When it was my turn, she make fun of me saying I sounded like a frog and the whole class laugh with her.Thus eversince, I dare not open my mouth.It was shut eversince that day.And no one told me I can sing so I assume she was right.It has been within me eversince.Hmm...

Why am I blabbing childhood stories here?Hmm...

Ok,gonna rest my head..throat was kinda scratch again,cos I forgot to bring loads of water.

12.32pm
24.11.09

p.s:so lets go thru the short term goal list again

1)single tone perfect tune
2)row ur boat and yesterday perfect
3)learn 10 songs (excld kid songs) with emotions perfectly
4)Try busking in isolated places first then downtown
5)then if local scene is ok,then proceed to overseas when backpacking who knows I can earn my penny and travel around the world like that Japanese guy who travel with $2 in his pocket and he perform magic to travel worldwide.Hmm...

So can I do it?Yes I CAN! insya-Allah amin.

No comments:

Post a Comment