Saturday, November 28, 2009

15 days...since our eyes met

....at the shopping centre glass shelf.I didnt know who u were and there is a strong desire to want u so bad that I just bought it without consulting anyone.It felt good to grow with you,to be by your side always...a steady companion and together we brave the trials and tribulations of this musical journey.And as time goes, Im learning to learn about u every day.Something different.It felt as though we were made for each other...

I went for a short overseas trip and had not been kissing those icy cold strong firm lips of Hohner.Miss him.I brought him along but I keep him hidden in my small bag that trots around wherever I go.On the last morning (of the trip),temptations sets in and I cannot resist kissing him again and so I purse my lips touching his and *sigh life is so... wonderful (hehe!) I blew a few notes just for that satisfaction and to curb that missingness feeling.

Anyway, today I had the pleasure of smooching him all over with the tongue and all that.I thought its gonna be awkward cos few days, I had not practise but it gets better.I played fly me to the moon (with the tabs) smoothly on first trial after a few days break,and it sounded better than when I left it (before my trip)

Ok, I realised the reason being....(do take note....important)
When I left it, I was just learning the tabs of flying to the moon. And so I was concentrating so much on the tabs that i was determined to ensure the single note comes out smooth and flowing from a single hole irregardless.And so I was a bit rigid.

Then after I came back, I was in a playful mood and (by the way I lost my small tab book) thus I decided to try again this time not so much into the actual holes blown or drawn.I realised it came out smooth and fluid cos I wasnt putting too much pressure on myself.I just relax and follow with the flow.I realised that the tune goes smoothly cos I did not keep on looking at the numbers and feeling it with the tongues instead I use my rough gauge...I just need to confirm the first note (by looking at the numbers and placed a tongue there.Then blow or draw a few times from the same hole over and over again till u recognise that tune (and placed it in the song that is in ur head) and then from there I just minus or add the holes (right of left) up to follow the tabs.(Do u understand what my circling explanation is all about?hehe!)

And even if u did not go to the next hole to blow or draw, as long as u move a bit (e.g from -7 to 6, i just move my mouth a bit and the tone is just nice.I dont have to ensure that it is in the exact spot before I blow it, as long as I move a bit,the tune will change accordingly.Get it?hmm..

And I realised I should not put pressure on myself,wanting to join competition or whatever but cos of passion, cos of love doing it...not just BECAUSE...but for the LOVE of it...(I cannot say too strongly but Im learning to like it and I assume hopefully, it will be liking in a long run that deepens as time rolls on=LOVE)

So row,row ur boat, this old man (or Barney song),country road,yesterday and fly me to the moon.These are the songs I need to polish up.Once I learnt 10 songs (excluding kids songs),I will have to learn to let go of my shyness and start performing LIVE.(what?!)Im just kidding...

It doesnt have to be in the public.It can start small, I can have a mini concert with immediate family.Maybe bribe them with a tea cake or something hehe!And then proceed with relatives,cousins and friends.And then as I gain that confidence or perhaps learn to jam with other newbies (or I would have learn the basic fundamentals in school,next year insya-Allah) then I will busk amongst strangers perhaps just below my house..or on the streets...then proceed to the weekends.Just for the fun of it.Again start small from a weekday,non congested area..isolated areas...and then proceed upwards..slowly to SUCCESS!!!

I miss you, Hohner....

Im gonna caress u with my lips today and I will kiss u endlessly for hours....
heheh!!

12.07pm 29.11.09

p.s: Im always having problem with hole 7 cos if I get that wrong ,most of the songs will go haywire.Cos 6 is often used and if used 7 instead,the blowing or drawing is different cos after blowing 6,the next musical note is not by blowing 7 as usual but by drawing instead.Interesting isnt it?

Currently im eating a hardboiled egg with spices (wedding gift if u attend wedding)then the imagination started creating funny images of me blowing the harmonica after eating the yolk.Just thinking about it makes me gross, YIKES! The yellow particles will be scattered all over the harmonica holes.Oh my, and if I dont wash it ,eeyeow..the pests started settling in, and it became a school science project hehe!!

No comments:

Post a Comment